This is a guide to all the mods currently available for Ultima V: Lazarus. As far as I am aware, this list is complete, but if any of the information is inaccurate, or if a mod is missing, let me know !
Choose from one of the following to jump to a mod category:
|– Bugfixes||– Item Mods|
|– Weaponfixes/Enhancements||– Stats, Skills, Encumbrance etc. Mods|
|– Interface Enhancements||– Spellcasting Mods|
|– Graphics/Camera Mods||– Mod Packages|
1) Lazarus v1.2_Bugfix & Mod Collection v1.29 – bugfixes, weaponfixes and interface mods
A bugfix and mod package that includes:
- bugfix pack – bug fixes
- weapon mods – Cheerful Dragon’s magic weapon fix mods
- font and user interface changes – other mods that enhance the interface.
2) Phase Spiders Dont Phase mod – Stops phase spiders from phasing, speeding up the game
- If you are having problems with phase spiders slowing down the game to a large degree, this mod will fix that by stopping them from phasing
- Phase spiders were also changed to be faster than normal
- This mod was built on GQ’s “Spiders drop more silk” mod, so certain spiders will drop more silk
3) Health Loss Bug Fix – Fixes unexplained continuous health loss experienced by some people.
- it was determined that a health decrease bug was being caused by a “rogue” regeneration ring that was somehow being added to a hidden ring slot on the affected character.
- The mod file is called fw_regen_ring_killing_health.dsres. More details about the bug can be found here .
1) “ModCompatability Project”/Cheerful Dragon’s Weapon fixes (n+) – fixes included in the Bugfix Pack
These mods are included in the “Bugfix” package listed above, and include:
– ModCompatibility V2.dsres (base weaponfix mod)
Only works on any new magic weapons you find. To fix “old” weapons, use “Flint Item Changer” mod.
2) Flint Item Changer Mod – Talk to Flint in Britanny to exchange “old” pre-fix weapons with new ones.
- For use with Cheerful Dragon’s fixes (above). Not needed if you’re starting a new game
3) Volkan’s Weapon mod (n+) – Enhances Silver Sword, and changes long bow to Serpent Bow
- Gives the Silver Sword a faster attack speed and blue magic sfx and changes the Long Bow to Serpent Bow with a fast attack speed.
4) Improved Melee and Shields mod (n+) – increases the damage of melee weapons, and the defense of shields
Notes: – this mod requires the “Modcompatability Project/Cheerful’s weapon fixes” files to be installed.
– this mod has not been well tested, but no bugs have been reported
5) Grail Quest’s weapon mod: “Weapons” (see “Mod Packs” for details) (n+) – weapon changes. Not working perfectly (see details).
See post/documentation for more details. Not working perfectly (that was my experience – correct me if I’m wrong).
5) Gauche Shield – makes a Main Gauche shield that can be dual-wielded with one hand melee weapons.
- Includes a “Buy Gauche” mod that allows you to buy it from Max Engel (Lord British’s Armourer)
1) New Spell Scroll Icons And Names v2 (n+) – new scroll icons, plus scrolls have a “spell name”
– replaces generic scroll icons with unique scroll icons for each scroll type, and scroll names include a spell name
Name example: “Vas Rel Por (Gate Travel)” instead of “Vas Rel Por Scroll”
- for existing scrolls, use Chuckles scroll changer to replace old scrolls with new ones
Note: This mod is compatible with the V1.29 Bugfix package.
– the original mod is availble here: New Spell Scroll Icons And Names
2) Chuckles Scroll Changer V2 (Scroll Icons Companion Mod) – talk to Chuckles to trade old scrolls for new ones
- This is only needed if you are using the “New Scroll Icons” mods and you have scrolls with the original icons. Talk to Chuckles the Jester in Lord British’s Castle to trade scrolls.
- This mod is compatible with the V1.29 bugfix package, but the original mod can be found here: Chuckles Scroll Changer (original)
3) Quick Pocketwatch – Pressing the ‘J’ key will show/hide the pocketwatch if party has one
Note: This mod is now available in the V1.29 Bugfix package
4) Avatar Spellbook (ng) – new spell book graphic.
For saved games, newly found spellbooks will be changed, but not existing ones
5) Avatar Spellbook V2 (ng) – new spell book graphic.
For saved games, newly found spellbooks will be changed, but not existing ones
6) Lazarus More Members Beta – allows you to fill the 7th and 8th party member slots. Still in beta, but working so far (Apr.22/07).
7) Take All button for Containers – This mod adds a ‘Take all’ button to the container interface. Upon pressing the button, the selected character (the character whose inventory is visible) will ‘put’ all the items into his backpack. Compatible with Bugfix v1.29.
8) GQ Potions Show Effect Names V2 – This is an updated version of GQ’s Potions Show Effect Names mod, and is compatible with current bugfixes.
9) Grail Quest’s Interface enhancement mods – These are the interface mods in GQ’s mod pack (see “Mod Packs):
(n+) Potions Show Effect Names , Spell Scrolls Show Spell Names (n+)
1) Enhanced Graphics Mod – Greatly enhances game graphics. See post for details
2) Reagent Sources Highlighted (part of GQ’s Mod Package – see “Mod Packs” for details/download):
3) Lazarus Camera – Greater view distance, allows you to look up. (Windows users only)
4) “Looking Up” Camera Mod – allows you to look up (Windows users only)
5) View Distance Mod – increases the view distance, allows looking up. Can be used by Mac users.
– Slows the game in some areas.
6) Alfies Camera Mod for Lazarus -increased view distance, darker nights, and wider view angle
1) Avatar starts with a bedroll (ng) – start game with a bedroll in your inventory
2) Avatar starts with a bedroll and a sextant (ng) – start game with a bedroll and sextant in your inventory
3) Lighthelm Only – makes a Helm that emits radius of light.
– includes a “Buy Lighthelm” mod that allows you to buy the helm from Max Engel (Lord British’s Armourer)
4) Ring of Reagents Mod – rings that allow spellcasting without reagents
– Creates 2 Rings of Reagents:
– Ring of Reagents: Allows wearer to cast without reagents
– Greater Ring of Reagents: Allows the entire party to cast without reagents
– Includes a separate mod that allows you to purchase the rings from Max Engel
5) Grail Quest’s Item mods – These are the item mods in GQ’s mod pack (see “Mod Packs):
– Start with Moongate Scrolls – start with gate scrolls at Iolo’s house
Stats, Skills, Encumbrance etc. Mods
1) Reduced food consumption rate – food consumption reduced to 1 item per member per day
2) 1000 x encumbrance – effectively removes encumbrance restrictions
3) Encumbrance Increase by Level – encumbrance limit is increased as you level up
4) Shrine Stats Bonus Mod V2 – This mod will give the whole party a stat bonus and more when shrines are cleansed.
5) Grail Quest’s Skills/Stats mods (part of GQ’s Mod Package – see below for details/download):
– Avatar Stat Minimum of 20, Custom Settings (?), Random Stat Gain on Level Up, Avatar Starts at level 1
1) Lower enemy range for great heal – decreases the required distance from enemies to cast the “Great Heal” spell
2) GQ Expanded Summoned Beast Results V2 – Greater variety of summoned wild beasts.
3) Blink Activation For Cheerful’s Spellsystemfix (ng) – Will activate the Blink spell. This is just a spell system update to the Blink reactivator of the UVL Team.
– Note: This spell has a high chance to break your game. Needs a new game to activate.
There are some great mods in this package! A few are out-of-date/not working, though so only install the ones you want.
– The mods I have personally used without any noticeable problems are:
- GQ Giants Drop Loot.dsres
- GQ Insect Swarms Easier to Spot.dsres
- GQ Inverted Training Cost.dsres
- GQ Potions Show Effect Names.dsres
- GQ Random Stat Gain on Level Up.dsres – had this installed but didn’t really notice a change. No problems though
- GQ Reagent Sources Highlighted.dsres
- GQ Spiders Drop More Silk.dsres – Conflicts with phase spider mod, but otherwise works
- GQ Start with Moongate Scrolls.dsres
- Spell Scrolls Show Spell names – this will override the spell scroll bug fixes (from the bug fix package) and not all scrolls will work properly.
- Weapons.dsres – not compatible with the weapon fixes in the bug fix package, or Volkan’s mods
- Monsters Lite – wolves have been known to disappear from the game
- Expanded Summon Beast Results – I haven’t used this one, but it looks like it may override bugfixes (changes spells_monster.gas)
– Additional mods in this package that have no documented bugs or conflicts are:
- Avatar Stat Minimum of 20
- Custom Settings (various stat and skill changes)
- Mob Size
- Monsters I
- Monsters II
- Monsters Map Changes
- Some Creatures Auto-Drop Treasure
- Spell Damage Calculation Fix
If anyone has more information about GQ’s mods (working or not), let me know and I’ll update this list.